Archive for Catskinners folk music forum A forum hosted by The Catskinners for the discussion of all things folky.
 


       Catskinners folk music forum Forum Index -> Shameless plugs
Luke

Barelegged Girls banned

The song "The Barelegged Girls of Glasgow" by The Icing (Claire & Gavin Livingstone) has been banned by Sunny Govan Community Radio, according to a friend who was being interviewed and asked for it to be played, because it unfairly depicts Glasgow girls in an unflattering way.  Does this mean that it might join "Je t'aime ..." and "Relax" as a number 1 hit in the charts (if you could buy it!)?  Hear it at www.myspace.com/theicingglasgow and judge for yourself
Catskinner

Quite right too! I've heard that filthy record and it certainly should have been banned IMHO.

It was a disgrace!

People don't listen to the radio on tyhe internet to hear songs about girls legs!

If they want to fantasise about girls legs there's plenty of free porn out there to feed their depraved lustings!

What happened to nice songs about walking about the heathery hills with a bonnie lassie on your erm?

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Tell me that!
Onny

Catskinner wrote:
Quite right too! I've heard that filthy record and it certainly should have been banned IMHO.

It was a disgrace!

People don't listen to the radio on tyhe internet to hear songs about girls legs!

If they want to fantasise about girls legs there's plenty of free porn out there to feed their depraved lustings!

What happened to nice songs about walking about the heathery hills with a bonnie lassie on your erm?

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Tell me that!


After Jack Foley did it there disn't seem any point.
Rid Sonja

I was listening to that song on the way home on Monday, and my reaction?

I want that song!!
renfrewshire radical

As I've said elsewhere

Dis that mean Matt McGinn, Hamish Imalch, Danny Kyle, Roddy McMillan, Billy C, Thurso Berwick et. al. are banned as well?

Hopefully Watt Nicholl is banned frae everywhere, but.

A wis wonderin are Claire and Gavin banned frae Govan and gettin ASBO's?
kickboot

well it coulda been "bare-arsed girls"

Onny -  love1 (sorry) hoo it's a great number - mibbe reminds me o' sumthin tho'?
Rid Sonja

renfrewshire radical wrote:
...

A wis wonderin are Claire and Gavin banned frae Govan and gettin ASBO's?


They wish!!  ASBO's aren't that easy to come by you know!
Catskinner

Round our way they used to frame them and put them on the wall, however that made their houses a target for burglars, and folk started planking them away taped to the bottom of drawers and stuff to keep them safe.

.
kickboot

Excuse my thickitude, but what's an ASBO please?
Onny

kickboot wrote:
Excuse my thickitude, but what's an ASBO please?


It's a Govan thing - ye widnae understaun'
kickboot

Try me!
Onny

kickboot wrote:
Try me!


It's a bit like a rite of passage. In most of Scotland you get to 11 and sit an exam to get into the big school. Jewish lads have a bar mitzvah and become a man (you don't get the bit of your willie back but it provides work for second rate bands). In Govan you get an ASBO.
Jim King

Anti-Social Behaviour Order.

If you wish to know more, Mr. Google can be very helpful.
kickboot

Many thanks Jim
kickboot

But are The Icing playing anywhere soon? The single leaves us a' gaggin fur mair.
Kilkenny Cat

The skips are parked outside the old songs.
It's gentrification we need! Rip out the pissing in doorways, drinking sticky fluorescent drinks and being caught in possession of legs skinned like fine corn beef.
Write songs about designer handbags, botox and labial liposuction.
You'll soon get airplay in this town of beautiful people.


That's my advice.
kickboot

Gavin from "The icing" is on Ciaran Dorris's island on 16th August.
Luke

Barelegged Girls banned

The band is playing at Partick Fayre this Saturday (1st Aug) at 2.30pm.  All hecklers welcome.
kickboot

Cool! I'll be there in spirit heckling!
Rid Sonja

'what's this 'Partick Fayre'?  I was thinking of going down to Glasgow Green for the day....should I change my mind?
Onny

Partick Fayre is 4 hours of screaming weans in the playground of Dowanhill Primary School, Havelock Street in Partick.

Your call.

kickboot

Aye Onny ye can keep the weans but sometimres ye have to go through shite tae get tae the good bits.
Onny

kickboot wrote:
Aye Onny ye can keep the weans but sometimres ye have to go through shite tae get tae the good bits.


Speakin' uv shite. Ah wunner if a certain self-styled singer songwriter best kent for huvin' his bunnet oan backside foremost will be foisting hissel on the puir folk uv Partyck. Then the wee shite'll stick in oan his Twofacedbook as a 'gig'.
kickboot

elaborate please Onny. If you're talkin aboot who I think, then he IS a singer songwriter, and a guid yin, and why shouldyou care how he wears his bunnet? Could this be hat-ism?
Onny

kickboot wrote:
elaborate please Onny. If you're talkin aboot who I think, then he IS a singer songwriter, and a guid yin, and why shouldyou care how he wears his bunnet? Could this be hat-ism?


I cannot tell a lie and, if he is onny guid, he keeps it under his bunnet.
kickboot

Och it took ye a while tae think up that yin Onny.Mibbe ye need tae wear yer hat on backside foremost so ye get mair air in yer heid;

Onnyweis, Ive nivver seen him wi' his hat oan backwards.
Rid Sonja

Thurs many songwriters I know that wear hats, but only one who wears it backwards.  I think he was in his cups when he wrote his songs, although I could be entirely wrong and he is, in fact, the most wonderfullest songwriter ever to grace a Glasgow stage.
Onny

kickboot wrote:
Och it took ye a while tae think up that yin Onny.Mibbe ye need tae wear yer hat on backside foremost so ye get mair air in yer heid;

Onnyweis, Ive nivver seen him wi' his hat oan backwards.


OK. Mebbes it his heid that's oan backwards.
hoditandodit

Partick fayre

I will be there heckling and supporting the local talent.  What a joy to find them gigging. Bring brollies and poncho rain macs.  Thats what I am wearing!!! geek
kickboot

Will Gavin mention barelegged girls this Sunday when he's guest on Ciaran's show? Tune in and see! (or hear, I mean).

       Catskinners folk music forum Forum Index -> Shameless plugs
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum