Archive for Catskinners folk music forum A forum hosted by The Catskinners for the discussion of all things folky.
 


       Catskinners folk music forum Forum Index -> Instruments and gear.
Catskinner

Roland GR20 guitar synth.

I know I've carped about this instrument on other forums but I've had the thing for four years and I jest lurve it.

I've only scratched the surface of what it can do in all that time and last night I found a new thing it does.

If you're playing a piano sound, if you bend the string, each time the bend takes the pitch up a semitone it triggers the next note on the piano instead of just gliding, so you get a glissando effect.

Bending the note down with a whammy bar does the same.

Rerr fun for honky tonky bluesy country rollng joanna type stuff.

Just thought I'd share that folks.

Carry on. everyone.


drunken  drunken  drunken
Onny

Now that's educational.
Rid Sonja

Only if you have a GR 20, and only if you can play the guitar that's driving it...
Onny

Rid Sonja wrote:
Only if you have a GR 20, and only if you can play the guitar that's driving it...


See! That's why I moaned about the new smilies (smileys?). The 'tongue in cheek' one vanished and it was sooooooooooooooooo useful.
Rid Sonja

However, if you have a GR20 and you can play the guitar that's driving it, then it can create rather good sounds.  don't know how many times I've seen people looking for the sax when Catskinner has been playing that voice on the synth... bom
Onny

Rid Sonja wrote:
However, if you have a GR20 and you can play the guitar that's driving it, then it can create rather good sounds.  don't know how many times I've seen people looking for the sax when Catskinner has been playing that voice on the synth... bom


And at least a GR20 is unlikely to be the cause of a fracas in the Allison Arms
Jim King

Now I'm intrigued, what would be the cause?
Onny

Jim King wrote:
Now I'm intrigued, what would be the cause?


A trio of well known trad musos (including a saxophone player) were entertaining the punters in the Allison Arms. An old fella got up tae dance and, in doing so, obscured an auld biddy's view of 'that sexy wee saxophone player'. She shouted at him tae move but he kept dancing. She got up and pushed him onto the musos table spilling their swally and all hell broke loose. Turns out the old guy was deaf and hadn't heard a word she'd said. Musos and chums adjourned to the Clutha to celebrate Billy McQuade's birthday.

That's why my sou'side stravaigs are nowadays only in search of swally AND shaggin'.
Catskinner

Last time I was in the Alison Arms there was a woman standing at the bar with an "ample bosom" in a low cut top.

A man who was with her stuck his face into her cleavage and blew a big bubbly farting noise.

Pure class!
Onny

Catskinner wrote:
Last time I was in the Alison Arms there was a woman standing at the bar with an "ample bosom" in a low cut top.

A man who was with her stuck his face into her cleavage and blew a big bubbly farting noise.

Pure class!


See whit ah mean aboot the sou' side?
renfrewshire radical

Quote:
The 'tongue in cheek' one vanished and it was sooooooooooooooooo useful.


Trouble was Onny, we never know what, or how many cheeks the tongue had been in when you returned it, so we had to discontinue it on Health & Safety grounds. booty
Onny

renfrewshire radical wrote:
Quote:
The 'tongue in cheek' one vanished and it was sooooooooooooooooo useful.


Trouble was Onny, we never know what, or how many cheeks the tongue had been in when you returned it, so we had to discontinue it on Health & Safety grounds. booty


Bah! A curse on your Health & Safety nonsense.

       Catskinners folk music forum Forum Index -> Instruments and gear.
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum