Archive for Catskinners folk music forum A forum hosted by The Catskinners for the discussion of all things folky.
 


       Catskinners folk music forum Forum Index -> Shameless plugs
Rid Sonja

Surprise!!

Wee RS wandered intae the room a coupla months ago n gave hur Dad an envelope.  When he opened the envelope thur wur 2 tickets fur Steve Earle in it.  

Next Thursday's the day...  bounce
Redlornie

Aw, that'll be smashin'!! Whaur's he playin' Rid??
Catskinner

The o2 "academy" (whit?)

The old Bedford cinema in Eglinton street.

I hope the sound's better than the absolute mess they made of Johnny Winter's gig there a couple of years ago.
Onny

Maybe someone should submit a cv - at least then a poor student would be saved the cost of a brace of tickets Smilie_PDT
Redlornie

Catskinner wrote:
The o2 "academy" (whit?)

The old Bedford cinema in Eglinton street.

I hope the sound's better than the absolute mess they made of Johnny Winter's gig there a couple of years ago.


Eeww, that place is really hit and miss. Saw some great shows in there but saw some horrors (in terms of the sound) too.
East Coaster

A few years back, I decided to go and see Don Mclean there when it was the Carling Academy.

I booked tickets online for collection but when we arrived there was a queue which snaked almost as far as the other end of The Gorbals and it took over an hour to collect the pre paid tickets.

Apparently "too many" people had left things until the last minute and the computer system couldn't cope. So, we missed the support(maybe no great loss, who knows?) and just managed to get into our seats after the main act started. A good enough show, mind you.

We went back a couple of years later for Shooglenifty at Celtic Connections on a Sunday and were treated as if we were neds, searched and frisked for knives etc and I had my mandolin confiscated(it was later returned).

The sound was awful that night as I recall.
Catskinner

I'd better leave the chib in the house then.
Onny

Re: Surprise!!

Rid Sonja wrote:
Wee RS wandered intae the room a coupla months ago n gave hur Dad an envelope.  When he opened the envelope thur wur 2 tickets fur Steve Earle in it.  

Next Thursday's the day...  bounce


Huz Wee RS's faither decided who he's taking?
Ox ya Moron

Catskinner wrote:
I'd better leave the chib in the house then.


Ah'd like tae see sumwan searching Sonja fer a chib an keepin thur haunds.
Rid Sonja

Since he's goat naebdy else tae take, ah've agreed tae go wi him Onny.  See me, see martyr...


Ah'll let yese know if any such attempt wiz made Oxy.

bom
alphabetty

East Coaster wrote:

We went back a couple of years later for Shooglenifty at Celtic Connections on a Sunday and were treated as if we were neds, searched and frisked for knives etc and I had my mandolin confiscated(it was later returned).


I'm no surprised you had it confiscated, you could do a lot a damage with one of those!


East Coaster

Good one....

 drunken
Onny

Ah wis jist talking tae sumbdy the ither day aboot gettin' yer sgian dubh confiscated on yer wey intae the Highlander's oan Berkeley Street an' aboot being able tae walk the streets in yer Scout uniform wi' a big eff-aff machete hingin' fae yer belt.

Chinged days, eh?
Creeping Jesus

Ah mind gaun inty a pub up Glassford street wan time an the man at the door wanted tae inspect mah pork sword.

He offered tae compare it wi his lamb dagger an aw.

       Catskinners folk music forum Forum Index -> Shameless plugs
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum